Beginner Swim Class
Lakewood Springs South
July 24th, 2017 to August 3rd, 2017
9:00am to 9:45am
Class Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu
Registration Closes: July 21st, 2017Class # 2382
Class Level: Beginner
Membership at Lakewood Springs South is required
This class is for the beginner swimmer and requires no prior experience. Skills taught in this level include front and back floats, front and back glides, elementary backstroke, front crawl, backstroke, and pool safety. Some of the requirements to pass this level are that the student must swim 25 yards of front crawl, backstroke, and elementary backstroke.
Sign Up Now!
Registration for this class is closed!
Lakewood Springs South Swim Class FAQ
- What should we bring? Your child will need a commercially sold bathing suit and a towel for each lesson. Goggles are recommended but not required.
- How many children are in each class? The maximum ratio for the classes is one instructor to six children.
- How long are classes? All classes run for 45 minutes.
- Is there a lifeguard on duty during swimming lessons? Yes, there is always a lifeguard on duty during swimming lessons.
- What is the age range for swimming lessons? We begin the preschool level at 3 years of age. Beginner lessons are for ages 5-10 years of age. Advanced Beginner 6-11 years of age.
- If my child passes to the next level, but I've already registered him/her for the same level, what should I do? We will do our best to accommodate any movement between classes, contact the program coordinator to discuss movement to the next level.
- What happens if I've registered my child for the incorrect level? We do evaluate each child the first day of lessons to ensure that they have been placed in the correct level, and will make any necessary changes we can accommodate.
- Where do I sit during swim lessons? We ask all parents to sit at a distance where they can still see their child, yet at a far enough distance to not be a distraction.
- What happens if I miss a class? Unfortunately, we can only provide make-up classes if the pool is closed (and therefore the class is cancelled). We do not provide make-up lessons due to traffic, illness, vacation, etc.
- Will my child have the same instructor every session? Due to instructors' personal schedules and the constantly changing enrollment, we cannot guarantee class schedules in advance. You are more than welcome to request an instructor; however, we cannot guarantee that request.
- May I stay and swim at the pool during/after swim lessons are done? You may not swim as the pool is only open for programming at the time of lessons. You may stay and swim during operation hours only.
- Is there a refund policy? Please see the facility Coordinator for refund information.
- If lessons are cancelled how will I be notified? We will call the number saved on your account to notify parents of the cancellation.