Advanced Beginner Swim Class
P J Meli Park Aquatic Complex
September 23rd, 2019 to October 3rd, 2019
6:00pm to 6:30pm
Class Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu
Registration deadline: September 20th, 2019Class # 5224
Class Level: Advanced Beginner
Open to the public
This class is designed for children who have successfully completed the Beginner level. This level will build on the fundamental skills learned in the Beginner class. Some of the skills that will be worked on are rhythmic breathing with the front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke, and an introduction to the sidestroke. Some of the requirements to complete this level are the student must swim 25 yards front crawl with rhythmic breathing and breaststroke and 50 yards of elementary backstroke and backstroke.
Sign Up Now!
Registration for this class is closed!
P J Meli Park Aquatic Complex Swim Class FAQ
- What do we bring? Swim suit and a towel.
- How many kids are in each class? Minimum is three, the max is six.
- How long are the classes? 30 minutes.
- Is the pool open during lessons? Yes. All lessons are done during operating hours.
- Is a lifeguard on duty? Yes.
- What is the youngest a child can be to participate in swim lessons? Ages start from three years and up.
- Is there a deadline to register for lessons? Registrations must be turned in three days prior to the first day of class.
- If my child passes and I already registered for the same level what do I do? Ask to speak with a supervisor to move your child to the next level.
- What happens if there is bad weather? We will cancel the class for the day and have two 45 minute classes.
- Will my child have the same teacher every session? We will do our best to keep the same teacher throughout the session.
- Are the classes based on age or skill? The classes are based on the participant's skill level.